Hand Wraps For Beginners
As a beginner in boxing, it is crucial to prioritize the use of hand wraps to protect your hands and wrists. Comfort, durability, and ease of use are important factors to consider when choosing hand wraps. Properly wrapping your hands takes practice, but with time, you will be able to ensure maximum protection before putting on your boxing gloves. Using hand wraps not only adds extra padding and security to your entire hand but also helps prevent chafing, abrasions, and scarring of the knuckles. Luckily, there are now quick wraps available that securely hug and protect your hands, in addition to traditional hand wraps.
Instructions For Making Boxing Hand Wraps
- Take the hand wrap you selected apart. It will have a Velcro-like fastener on one end, and a ready-to-use loop on the other.
- Look for instructions on your wrap that specify which side should be facing down. If there are no such instructions, pay attention to the adhesive; this will enable you to determine which direction is the proper one for wrapping it.
- Straighten your arm and place your palm outward. Spread out all of your fingers and insert your thumb through the wrap’s opening at the other end.
- Start from your thumb and wrap three or four times around the back of your wrist to create a tight fit and even covering. For the best support, keep the bandage even and flat.
- Pull the wrap gently until it reaches the base of the thumb by wrapping it three times around the back of your hand, above, and across your palm.
- Start winding the wrap around your wrist from the base of your thumb and work your way up to the top. Then, for more stability, go back down and coil the wrap around your wrist one more time.
- Starting at the space between your pinkie and ring finger, wind your way through each finger starting from the inside of your wrist. When you reach the inside of your wrist once more, move on to the next gap and repeat the process.
- Start by wrapping the wrap once around your wrist, and then twice around your hand. Finish it off by wrapping your wrist several times.
- Ensure that the bandage’s end is firmly fastened to its Velcro counterpart before testing the fit with a few punches. Your wrist and hand should be firmly in place but not painfully so. Still, you ought to be able to comfortably create a fist.
Factors To Consider When Hand Wrapping For Boxing
- If the print seems wrong, you can easily change the tape. Remember that the purpose of a bandage is to keep your punches strong while protecting your wrist, hand and fingers inside the glove.
- The length of the wrapping fabric depends on the desired degree of protection.
- If you train alone or have small hands, choose shorter fabrics.
- If the length is not enough to wrap each finger, you can wrap and secure your thumb first and then wrap your hand.
Get the most out of your boxing workouts with 8xSports! Our hand wraps are designed to provide the best support and protection for your hands, wrists, and knuckles during boxing. With our easy-to-use design, you can quickly and easily wrap your hands correctly for maximum performance in the ring. Don’t let soreness or injury hold you back – get the most out of every workout with Hand Wraps!
About this item
- ✅ 【EXTENDED 4.5 M LONG POLYESTER】Boxing Wraps Men Made of cotton and nylon for added comfort and durability. The wraps’ durable material allows them to be used for MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate, and other similar sports training.
- ✅ 【The HOOK-AND-LOOP CLOSURE】Boxing Wrap women’s provides greater wrist support and a comfortable fit. Regulating the 86x Sport wrist strap gives fine wrist sustenance and maintains your wrist aligned when training also airflow fabrics keep your hand fresher
- ✅ 【FLAT-LOCKED SEAMS INCEASE DURABLE】 while also making the wraps more comfortable for consumers. The stitching of the seams also contributes to the wraps’ style and appearance, making them a fashion statement in the training arena.
- ✅ 【CONSTRUCTION OF HIGH QUALITY】 These Boxing Handwraps are professionally designed from sturdy, elastic conforming material to withstand everyday wear – and – tear, offering the optimal balance of support and comfort. The material is also washable, making cleaning and maintenance a pleasure.
- ✅ 【FLAT-LOCKED SEAMS 】 FLAT-LOCKED SEAMS effective way of maintaining while also trying to make the wraps extra comfortable for users. The stitching of the seams also makes a significant contribution to the wraps’ style and behavior, producing them a fashion item in the training arena.